April 31st, 2021
Wii Room Beta v3 is out!
Hi! It's almost been a whole month since the last article but here we go again. As you may know, Wii Room Public Beta v3 is now out! If you haven't seen, here is the Trailer, and the stream was at 2PM EDT. You can of course go to the YouTube channel and find it, since (at the time of writing this), it has not gone live yet. Here are the new features within Beta 3:
- More accurate and thorough translations
- Many strings don't cut off anymore yay
- Localized time in the main room! You can now see daylight :D
- Suggested Videos now work finally
- Less crashes/PPCHalts, you get to keep your ears
- New News! It shall contain updates for content and other updates like that so keep an eye out.
- Localized Strap Screen, for example if you have a French Wii, the strap screen will be in french!
- More posters, these will be from Donators. If you want one of your own, donate here!
- More theatre content: We have moved "Kirby: Right back at Ya!" to the theatre with authentic posters!
- Rooms support, with new content being updated there at some point (dont ask when, I have no clue)
- Stability fixes, so hopefully less bugs
- French/Dutch/Japanese will have a less chance of crashing.
- Searching works! It has for a while now but I feel like it should be brought up.
Thank you for reading the summary of the update, have fun in Beta v3!
April 1st, 2021
An update to yesterday's update...
- Yes, the Wii Fit Body Check Channel was unfortunately a rickroll. April Fools! However, we do have something good and legitimate to announce this lovely April 1st. After seeing how legitimately interested people were in the Wii Fit Body Check Channel and how excited people were for its release, we gained a real interest in bringing it back. As such, we are excited to announce that as of today, the Wii Fit Body Check Channel is officially in development!
We are all genuinely sorry for this and, as you can see, are now working on it. Thanks for reading and sorry for getting your hopes up.
March 31st, 2021
A brief (but large) WiiLink update!
- Digicam Print Channel is in private beta and is soon to release. - Testers have been going at it finding bugs, and also PPCHalts, as always :D.
- Demae Channel update - As you may know, there used to be a channel exclusively in Japan that let you order food from your Wii. While ours may not allow you to order real food, you can still emulate the experience, with dummy ordering. The translation is going well, and the servers are going better, with new findings almost each week!
- Wii Fit Body Check Channel - As you may have noticed, on the services page, The "Wii Fit Body Check channel" will release on April 1st. Bascially what it allowed you to do was use the Wii Fit game to do some body tests, and it would send it straight to your doctors office. While it wont work with us, you will get an email with the results, which is still amazing! Spotlight and Sketch have been working tirelessly for the last few days working on this, so dont forget to thank them!
Thanks for reading my first news update, it's been a while since one so I hope this cleared alot up!
December 14th, 2020
We're back with more news today! Here's the latest on everything WiiLink24:
- The site has gotten a bit of a makeover! Rather than have one page for everything, there are now individual pages for the services. This way, we can have screenshots and more detailed info about each service.
- The Public Beta is OUT! Wii Room is now available to all in the form of a beta. This means that not everything is present as of now but we'll add more features in the future. To get it, check out the Guide!
- Thanks to everyone who was part of the launch event on the 5th! We had an awesome time in our Discord!
Thanks for reading, see you next time for another news report!
December 3rd, 2020
Welcome to the first news issue for WiiLink24! I'll be making news reports here every so often to tell you about what's going on at WL24. Here's what you need to know:
- Wii Room Public Beta - Starting this Saturday, we'll be opening up Wii Room as an open beta. This means that some things won't be fully finished but it'll be open for everyone to use. We'll be streaming on our YouTube channel on Saturday to commemorate this occasion, so be sure to join us then! Check it right here! We currently do not have anything to announce at this time regarding Dokodemo Wii no Ma/Wii Room Go, but we'll update the site with new info when we do.
- Mascot - In case you haven't been following our Twitter, we're here to say that we have a mascot - Digi! He'll be used throughout promotional material, and we have emojis of him in our Discord. He also has a Twitter of his own, which you can see right here.
- Ask us stuff! If you're in our Discord, we have a new channel called #wl24-ama, where you can ask us questions about the service. Don't be afraid to ask anything!
Thanks for reading today's news update! Check back later for more news about the service.